mexican rice recipe | how to make restaurant style authentic mexican rice with step by step photo and video recipe. indian cuisine deals with several dishes prepared from the cooked and uncooked rice for lunch and dinner. but at the same time, indian cuisine has been exposed to many other cuisines and embraced its dishes accordingly. mexican rice is one such flavoured recipe which is prepared with vegetables and served for lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup long grain rice (you can use any long grain rice)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 14 oz can tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup corn kernels (I am using frozen corn)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (cut in small pieces)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (ground, jeera)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped (hara dhania)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (I prefer lime juice but lemon juice will work)
Wash the rice and drain the water and pat dry.
In a frying pan heat the oil over medium high heat, when oil is moderately hot add the rice and stir fry for about 4-5 minutes till rice is lightly toasted.
Add vegetables, corn bell pepper and jalapeno pepper sauté, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes.
Add cumin powder, salt and tomato sauté, stirring frequently for about 3-4 minutes. Until most of the moisture from tomatoes has evaporated.
Add cilantro and lime juice and fluff the rice gently. Rice is ready to serve.